- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS / MS or BA / MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a single Business and / or Information Technology environment, including 4 year’s experience leading teams and providing work direction, required.
Minimum of 10 years of professional experience Leading mid to large sized Teams in delivery of large, complex technology solutions.
At least 7 years of experience with service oriented and multi-tier architectures.
- Technical competency within mobile technologies, in particular an understanding of the role of MDM to support Enterprise Mobile, preferred.
- Knowledge of Mobile Development platforms and best practices, preferred.
- Expereince working on and leading Agile Teams and implementing Agile principles – Scrum, XP, Kanban.
Highly desired experience:
- Strong knowledge of business/Leadership principals, including planning, organizing, directing, developing and supervising; general knowledge of personnel practices and regulations
- Strong knowledge of software development practices, concerns, methodologies, tools and trends; in particular related to mobile development / solutions.
- Proficient knowledge of project management methodologies
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies and track/measure results
- Ability to manage technical details through to completion and ensure project deadlines are met.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships; SLA oversight, escalation
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities; ability to persuade individuals through use of data and analytics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- General knowledge of business/Leadership principals, including planning, organizing, directing, developing, and supervising.
- General knowledge of personnel practices and regulations.
- General knowledge of software development practices, concepts, methodologies, tools and trends .
- Proficient knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Excellent partnering, negotiation and communication skills in order to facilitate interactions with business Customers and technology teams.
- Provides tactical leadership for Team(s)
- Uses appropriate motivation and influence techniques to achieve desired Team results.
- Sets and manages stakeholder expectations.
- Delivers quality projects on time and within budget.
- Manages projects using the organization's project management methodology.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.