- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Four-year undergraduate degree required; business administration; supply chain management; aviation logistics; finance; accounting; industrial engineering/distribution; economics; mechanical, electrical, chemical, or aerospace engineering; or degree in similar disciplines preferred
- Can substitute five years of Supply Chain-related Project Management experience for degree
- MBA or MS in above disciplines preferred
- Minimum three years of experience in a professional environment, such as supply chain, finance, accounting, engineering required
- Two years of Leadership experience required
- Minimum one year of experience in sourcing and contract negotiations preferred
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP), Certified Professional Purchasing Manager (CPPM), Certified Green Purchasing Professional (CGPP), Certified Professional in Distribution and Warehousing (CPDW), Certificate in Procurement and Supply Operations (CPSO), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), or other equivalent Supply Chain Management certification preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) strongly preferred
- Lean-Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
- A&P license strongly preferred
- Ability to perform work duties from desk/office work area for extended periods of time
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Proficient analytical skills required
- Highly-developed skills with MS Office Suite, especially Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint, and data manipulation skills required
- Possesses ability to properly manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Must demonstrate the highest level of ethics and integrity in all supplier relations
- Must be skilled in performing difficult analysis, interpreting results, and providing effective recommendations
- Determines and implements appropriate levers to achieve best price, balancing cost with operational considerations.
- Encourages Team Members to voice opinions and contribute to the overall well-being of the Team
- Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
- Able to smoothly and appropriately adjust communication style and content to meet needs of diverse audiences, position levels, and settings
- Monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results
- Provides clear direction on how to achieve objectives set by Leadership, including timelines and metrics
- Coaches and guides others by sharing subject-matter expertise and insights, including supporting Employees who are leading large projects; provides high-quality status updates to Leadership
- Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Easily adapts approach to appropriately and effectively address different situations
- Monitors interpersonal and situational dynamics while moving forward to meet the desired outcomes
- Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive Company information
- Ability to work flexible hours and meet deadlines successfully, at times with frequent interruptions; occasional weekend coverage required
- Must have or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport
- Possible travel domestically and/or internationally 10-15%
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer