High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Bachelors Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or equivalent formal training; required.
- Five to eight years of work experience in multiple technology disciplines; required.
- Three to five years of engineering and/or business work experience; required.
- 7+ years of software development
- 3+ years of application and/or solution architecture experience, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with Service Based Architectures, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience working with Enterprise Integration Patterns, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with Messaging Patterns, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with Relational and/or NoSQL Databases,preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with public cloud
- Experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies, preferred.
- Experience integrating with COTS solutions, preferred.
- Experience replacing large legacy applications, preferred.
- Experience with SOX and PCI controlled systems, preferred.
- Experience with large-scale optimization problems and mathematical programming, preferred.
- Experience with airline or travel industry, preferred.
Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting (50 lbs), standing, sitting, pulling, pushing, squatting, hearing, climbing, walking, kneeling, reaching, crawling, writing, and speaking.
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills (ability to address large and small audiences).
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach, concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical, non-technical, and Leadership audiences. [facilitate meetings with medium to large audience of peers]
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must possess outstanding business acumen, and a sound understanding of industry rules / standards.
- Must be highly organized, motivated, and capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Ability to mentor / coach Tech Leads, Senior Developers, and Peers in a domain or technical area.
- Ability to provide expert technical and Thought Leadership in a domain area / app suite.
- Outstanding leadership skills including partnering, consensus building, influencing.
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and principles.
- Outstanding understanding of business process and business rules for a Portfolio.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware, and software theory, emerging practices / concepts, and technology relevant to organizational / portfolio vision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Team-based, Customer-service-oriented environment.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Five percent travel, with the potential for increased / decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.