High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
- Familiar with Unix and Linux.
- Experience using the tools jbehave, Selenium, or Jenkins.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience with one configuration management tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience with APM tools such as AppDynamics and Dynatrace.
- Solid understanding/experience of containerization services such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring / alerting tools such as New Relic, Grafana, Graphite.
- Working knowledge of open source tools such as Sensu, Grafana, Logstash, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with log aggregation tools such as Sumologic, FluentD, ELK, Splunk.
- Experience with Java preferred.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems running 24/7/365.
- AWS administration experience / training including provisioning EC2 instances, VPCs, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda functions, RDS databases, S3 storage, IAM security, ECS containers, Cloudwatch metrics & logs preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Proficient knowledge of software development, practice, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Proficient knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Able to analyze small to medium and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.