The AD Project Lead is responsible for ensuring Southwest Airlines' compliance to Airworthiness Directives (AD). Key duties include creating and maintaining records associated to compliance plan requirements, programs, and procedures in response to an AD and distributing information within Southwest Airlines operational departments as appropriate.
- Develop and recommend compliance plans for incoming Airworthiness Directives (AD) by evaluating aircraft, engines, or appliances affected; compliance time; risks through implementation or configuration changes; and method of documentation required for compliance in order to determine technical requirements and mitigate risk
- Process previously operated AD Compliance document reviews for acceptance into the SWA CAMP by providing compliance status and corrective actions required to incorporate and collaborating with key stakeholders and Leadership in order to monitor the acceptance and escalation of concerns when appropriate
- Ensure AD's are properly implemented and controls are in place by validating requirements have been met and non-compliant parts have been discarded in order to monitor for long-term compliance
- Serve as an advisor on AD compliance plans by staying up to date with industry rules, regulations, and policies in order to recommend solutions and influence business decisions including those with industry impact
- Identify gaps, inconsistencies, and areas for improvement during the auditing process by maintaining an expert understanding of highly complex programs, aircrafts, and regulatory requirements in order to provide feedback and guidance to Leadership on necessary solutions
- Investigates suspected non-compliance situations by reviewing and interpreting highly technical documents, utilizing detailed knowledge of Southwest aircrafts, assisting in root cause analysis, and recommending corrective actions
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of process controls, inspection standards, methods and techniques used by Maintenance and Engineering Teams in order to ensure adherence with applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and manufacturers’ recommendations
- Identify inconsistencies within the computer data collection systems reviewing for accuracy and troubleshooting errors in order to validate the system accurately reflects aircraft configuration and compliance status
- Process, coordinate, and, manage Alternate Means of Compliance (AMOC), where applicable, by partnering with various internal Departments and FAA offices (ACO/CMO) to develop a comprehensive compliance plan
Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.