High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- BS, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems, or equivalent formal training preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience as a Software Engineer or equivalent role required.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years in native iOS/Android application development using Objective-C/Java required.
- 2+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum experience preferred.
- Experience leading a development team preferred.
- Experience building REST-based APIs preferred.
- Experience with an ALM tool preferably JIRA preferred.
- Experience with native iOS and/or Android application development preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Coding Best Practices and practical experience doing code reviews required.
- Experience with mobile application architecture preferred.
- Experience with SWIFT preferred.
- Experience with Single Page Application architecture and development preferred.
- Experience with JSON and React preferred.
- Experience Leading an offshore development team preferred.
- Experience using IntelliJ IDE preferred.
- Experience with Jenkins and Stash preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Test Driven Development preferred.
- May be asked on occasions to lift and/or pull weights loads of approx. 20 lbs. on a periodic basis.
- May require extended work hours per Leaders' request.
- May be asked to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a periodic basis.
- Advanced knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and / or work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of at least one required programming language.
- Excellent partnering, communication, and negotiation skills in working with various Technology or partner Teams.
- Able to analyze large, complex, and vague Business or technical problems, articulating the problem or root cause, and translating the analysis into viable solution recommendations.
- Able to work effectively in a strong Customer service / team oriented environment.
- Able to take on multiple assignments, whether administrative or project related, while maintaining a successful level of completion in all responsible work. Able to mentor others to do the same.
- Able to prioritize effectively.
- Able to develop, present and effectively communicate ideas and strategies to a variety of audiences.
- Able to teach and mentor others concerning technical and business subjects.
- Able to manage ambiguity in a positive manner.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Limited travel with potential for increased/decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.