***If you are not selected for this job posting, you will not be eligible to reapply for this position in San Jose for 12 months from the day of interview***
***Southwest Airlines will consider your interest for San Jose Provisioninge Agent position if you are currently a resident of California or can provide established residency in the state of California***
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be able to observe, and discern safety practices and communicate with Team members verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and squat to position self while working in the designated work areas including aircraft galleys, provisioning vehicles, warehouse/office area, and other designated work areas.
- Must be able to operate cutting tools to open supply boxes.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements as detailed in the attached Summary of Physical Job Requirements.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be able to read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to successfully complete Provisioning Agent training (classroom and on-the-job) and probationary and/or evaluation period. Prior to completion of probationary period, Employee must abide by the Probationary Attendance Control Policy. Employee must maintain a satisfactory rating on all performance evaluations, which are given at 50 day, 100 day, 150 day and annually.
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed.
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft.
- Must be able to perform the job functions within a limited space and able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or, more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 25 to 65 pounds on raised surfaces.
- Must be alert to moving vehicles, aircraft, or personnel.
- Must be able to use radio equipment.
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or with radio equipment.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to type and/or use computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of the job.
- Must be able to work on provisioning trucks and provisioning stands at heights of 10 feet or above.
- Must be able to work shift work and/or overtime as outlined in the labor agreement.
- May be required to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand provisioning procedures, rules, and regulations including federal and local security regulations.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime and extended shifts when needed.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer