- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology, Aviation Management, Aviation Science, or a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline. Concentration in aviation related studies is preferred.
- Minimum level accepted: Sophomore.
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours.)
- Must be maintaining an overall GPA of 2.75.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and ability to structure and solve difficult problems with minimal supervision
- Passionate about excellence; Self-motivated and curious; Thrives in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work successfully in a team environment; builds close rapport and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously in a timely and professional manner; ability to transfer lessons learned into new processes; flexibility in job focus and proven organizational skills
- Investigate problems, find root causes, and implement solutions that enhance safety and drive competitive advantage
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to research and make efficient use of resources to achieve effective business results
- Gathers required data and performs analysis to support business needs and anticipates both future and ongoing needs with an eye towards potential risks and opportunities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) including strong excel skills
PLEASE BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION (IF REQUESTED):
- Unofficial transcript.
- “Why Southwest Airlines” essay (Length determined by author.)
- Letters of Recommendation.
Full-time - 40 hours per week.
$15/hr + flight privileges
This position is located in Dallas, Texas at the Southwest Airlines Headquarters building.
All Students must apply online at www.southwest.com/careers
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer .