High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- College degree required (preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, Math, MIS, Computer Science or Engineering).
- 3+ years of experience in a business-focused department, consulting environment, project management or equivalent work experience required.
- Experience in Project Management experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principles preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certification as Yellow or Green Belt preferred
- Knowledge of Software Planning life cycle strongly desired
- Understanding of ATPCO categories and passenger demand forecasting desired
- Displays high degree of initiative, entrepreneurialism and creativity.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; highly proficient in presentation development.
- Solid system skills required including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Ability to make decisions in an ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively problem solve through the following: interpret data, draw implications and modify approach.
- Ability to build a fact based business case for strategic recommendations.
- Handles complex analyses (both numerical and situation) well with little supervision.
- Maintains high quality even in complex situations with tight deadlines.
- Consistently takes big picture into account in decision stream and makes right decision.
- Pursues changes to operational or analytical status quo that serve to increase efficiency and/or generate revenue (e.g. developing automation, creating new reporting, etc.).
- Prioritizes own work and actively makes trade-offs to move items with highest revenue opportunity or greatest sense of urgency to prime importance.
- Develops action plans that incorporate type of action, degree, and direction that translate into appropriate action.
- Prepares support for recommendations that includes opportunity statement, definition of success/desired. Result, and break-even analysis (when necessary), and potential risks.
- Creates tracking mechanism and actively follows-up to gauge impact of actions.
- Able to identify relevant items for communication both internally and externally without being coached by Leader.
- Identifies project/analysis opportunities and is able to prioritize in context of other work.
- Commences work on own and provides unsolicited checkpoints to leader on progress.
- Has courage to make decisions with limited amount of available information.
- Manages multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Is able to quickly and accurately respond to urgent requests.
- Maintains composure, work quality, and other skills (e.g., communication) during stressful situations.
Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must meet confidentiality expectations as to confidential, proprietary and sensitive Company information.
- Ability to work occasional flexible hours (nights/weekends) required.
Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, qualified disabled, and covered veterans. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other legally protected status.